Used x3 on T-Mobile is Good

Warren_2185

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a used dual sim Elite x3 for $195 on the big auction site. In researching I was unsure about the connectivity and LTE speeds since T-Mobile uses band 12 in Orlando (it seems like, I can't truly verify), and some older posts suggested not every band on the x3 was active per what the box said.

To sum it up, I've had great LTE coverage in lots of areas and dl speeds 38 Mbps. So I'm very happy with the phone. It said only 3G at first, but a couple changes in the normal SIM settings area and it popped into LTE. I'm no expert and can't verify what bands are being used, but I wanted to post this in case anyone was questioning a similar purchase.

I love this nice large Windows phone.

Last edited:

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I used an X3 for a weekend last year and had to return to MS store because signal was horrible in Denver area, or at least much worse than my TMobile Idol 4S. I was also dissapointed with the X3 camera. I still see international 950XLs on Amazon, wondering if those work well on tmobile. If so, I'd probably sell my LG V20 and go back to W10M.

Warren_2185

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
ebay. I knew (or thought anyway) that most of the x3's were geared towards AT&T or T-Mobile so I just went ahead and took the chance since I'm on T-Mobile. I did see where Verizon compatibility was more difficult. Sorry I'm no help to you. Mine was 195 plus shipping and it seems like new.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
ebay. I knew (or thought anyway) that most of the x3's were geared towards AT&T or T-Mobile so I just went ahead and took the chance since I'm on T-Mobile. I did see where Verizon compatibility was more difficult. Sorry I'm no help to you. Mine was 195 plus shipping and it seems like new.

Wow, that's a good price for mint X3. I'm looking at X3 again. I've been testing my old Idol 4S and have noticed many of the apps I need are still functioning, like the United app for example. I think that's the only working airline app at the moment though, and it's very basic versus android app. Just purchased a Fitbit Ionic and the Fitbit W10M app is almost as good as Android version. Garmin W10M app is limited to older watches, newer ones aren't working like Vivoactive 3 Music. I still like Cortana, Outlook, Onenote on W10M better than Android.

Kaelon

Sep 26, 2018
Visit site
I used an X3 for a weekend last year and had to return to MS store because signal was horrible in Denver area, or at least much worse than my TMobile Idol 4S. I was also dissapointed with the X3 camera. I still see international 950XLs on Amazon, wondering if those work well on tmobile. If so, I'd probably sell my LG V20 and go back to W10M.

I know this is a few months late, but T-Mobile service (and most cell phone service) is absolutely terrible in the Denver area. I wouldn't attribute this to the X3, or any particular device, but to the network in question.

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I know this is a few months late, but T-Mobile service (and most cell phone service) is absolutely terrible in the Denver area. I wouldn't attribute this to the X3, or any particular device, but to the network in question.

Yap, I just purchased a 950XL and same problem as X3.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12