User can't open the One-Drive generated zip file

Philip Oswald

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I'm a photographer trying to pass along large amounts of my camera's RAW files to another photographer (~40GB). After successfully uploading the files to my OneDrive and creating a share link, my fellow photographer is unable to download the large zip file produced.

The other user (using a Mac) has attempted to download the file twice, and each time ends up with a 0 byte zip file.

Has anyone else had success downloading very large zip files from OneDrive? Any ideas what's going on here?

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
If whole file is uploaded successfully the question is how because 15GB is the uploading single file limit.. Did you have enterprise onedrive account with special privileges or normal account?? Act I am anxious that if you have a normal account why you not get this warning of 15GB limit.
I suggest you to divide this 40GB into 3 Files and then upload. Hopefully your problem will be solved.

Philip Oswald

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the response. I have been able to upload my files (~1300 files) that total to about 40GB in a folder. (I'm an Office 365 subscriber and so I have 1 TB of storage space in my OneDrive).

The problem occurs when another user visits my share link to that folder and clicks the Download button to download all the files at once. The files are packaged into a zip file, which the other user is not able to open after the download completes. It looks like the issue is that OneDrive limits zip downloads to 20GB--it would be nice if OneDrive issued a warning before attempting to download.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
flynempire