[UWP] MediaTag - audio/video file tag editor

ErazerHead

Jan 12, 2016
Visit site
Store link: https://www.microsoft.com/store/apps/9p4xmlhzw8tg

MediaTag is my take on remaking MP3TAG (an audio/video file metadata editor) for UWP.

It supports batch tag-editing of the most common audio and some video formats, with many ways to quickly organize large collections of files.

You can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words in tags and filenames, convert casings, generate tags from file names or track lists and rename files based on their tags.

Supported formats: ASF, MP3, MP4/M4V/M4A, WAV, WMA
Supported formats except album art: OGG, FLAC

I made this because I use MP3TAG daily and wanted a similar metadata editor for UWP. In the process, I have created an open source port of TagLib to UWP component, to make life easier for someone else who want to play with media metadata editing on UWP.

Screenshots

Attachments

• desktop01.png
    desktop01.png
    266.7 KB · Views: 3
  • desktop02.png
    desktop02.png
    205.9 KB · Views: 1
  • desktop03.png
    desktop03.png
    37.6 KB · Views: 0
  • desktop04.png
    desktop04.png
    21 KB · Views: 0
  • desktop05.png
    desktop05.png
    40.1 KB · Views: 0
  • desktop06.png
    desktop06.png
    41.5 KB · Views: 0

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
Really cool app, very useful! I don't know how nobody has commented it here until now.

I have few suggestions though.

On PC it is really great, with shift+click and ctrl+click, and crtl+A one can easily select what they want while on PC. But for a touchscreen it would be useful to be able to select a series somehow, or to select all items.

The other thing would be that it might be nicer if there were thin lines between different items. Things would be easier to see.

I hope you would spend some time for that? And I really don't see why wouldn't they put your app into an article. It's a quality app, and very useful - on both, PC and mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans