View the lock screen without pressing the lock button on 950?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

View the lock screen without pressing the lock button on 950

Hello all,

As the title suggests, is there a way to view the lock screen without pressing the lock button on the Lumia 950? The reason being if you wanted to glance at the phone to view the time, I know you can make glance stay on all the time but for battery purposes I like this to eventually time out.

Everytime I press the lock button it starts the Iris check but all want to do is check time. So is there some sort of tap feature to wake the lock screen up to just show the time/date etc?

Many thanks

Maurizio Troso

Aug 22, 2014
Visit site
Re: View the lock screen without pressing the lock button on 950

Hello all,

As the title suggests, is there a way to view the lock screen without pressing the lock button on the Lumia 950? The reason being if you wanted to glance at the phone to view the time, I know you can make glance stay on all the time but for battery purposes I like this to eventually time out.

Everytime I press the lock button it starts the Iris check but all want to do is check time. So is there some sort of tap feature to wake the lock screen up to just show the time/date etc?

Many thanks

Glance is auto off when phone is in a pocket o folded in a case, thanks to proximity sensor. Glance battery use is almost zero. Try it hoovering hand on top screen and you see glance off

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: View the lock screen without pressing the lock button on 950

Yep. Glance always on. If the phone is out, get in the habit of laying it face down and Glance turns off due to proximity sensor, or if placed in a pocket.

Glance turns on when you flip the phone over or remove it from your pocket.

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Tiiger88

Jan 18, 2016
Visit site
Mine glance is set to 15 mins. But as said, it turns off when your phone is in pocket or the sensor is covered in some way. If you phone lays more than 15 min then just swipe your hand over the sensors area and it turns on so you can see time.... i'm 100% sure if i turn glance to total off, i'll get almost 0 win in battery life. I'm medium user and 20% auto brightness is on and glance turned 15 mins i'll get easily whole day usage.

Right now i have 1day 3hours since last charge and 24% left

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Desmondarcher