W10M has forked from W10 on build versions. What do you think?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Now out Insider Preview Build 16176 for PC + Build 15204 for Mobile

I have been reading up on this, and it seems they forked the builds going forward. But…don’t give up just yet. The OS you love and use W10M is just an extension of Windows 10. I see Windows 10 on ARM being the hilight of 2018 and whether it runs on a 5.5" device with ARM or an x86 Platform with 3 monitors it will make no difference. I think phones will still be around running ARM windows 10 not W10M starting after 2018. What other opinions are out there on this?

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 16176 for PC + Build 15204 for Mobile

Thanks.

Ma Rio

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Yep, the end (of Win10M) is nigh. Definitely. The fork just confirms it. I've been *lucky* enough to withness the Symbian downfall, and let me tell you this situation seems really familiar.
I personally think that we're going to get one more version after CU, and that's the final destination. It won't even be RS3, like it is for PCs. It will be like Windows Phone 7.8, something to cover our eyes. But that's just my guess.
Anyways, you can't be actually mad at them (nor should you, it's just an OS).
The most painful part for me is that I want to continue to use MS products because I like how they feel, and I don't like others, but MS just refuses. They don't want my support. So it's eather stay on a dead platform, or move to a crappy one.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Yep, the end (of Win10M) is nigh. Definitely. The fork just confirms it. I've been *lucky* enough to withness the Symbian downfall, and let me tell you this situation seems really familiar.
I personally think that we're going to get one more version after CU, and that's the final destination. It won't even be RS3, like it is for PCs. It will be like Windows Phone 7.8, something to cover our eyes. But that's just my guess.
When you say it will be like Windows Mobile 7.8 are you referring to the transition to WP8? In this case a transition away from W10M on ARM phones?

Iain_S

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
When you say it will be like Windows Mobile 7.8 are you referring to the transition to WP8? In this case a transition away from W10M on ARM phones?

I would see with the latest insider stuff that windows 10 mobile has gone into maintenance mode with the remaining phones getting a CU release2 update, which is NOT an RS3 build. I doubt that any current phone will get the new "windows 10 arm for phones". So yes this is very much like the windows phone 7.8 update and MS are once again throwing all under the bus for supporting them. I have moved on now and will not be buying into anything mobile with Microsoft again.

garisa

Sep 20, 2016
Visit site
You may be right that at some moment soon Microsoft could give up w10m. That is in one year or so... But don't you think that this fork is simply because CU has been pushed for PC's, while it hasn't been pushed for mobile too. So why wait for mobile, and not push Redstone 3 to PC's... I mean, this is just one possible explanation.😉

Sent from mTalk on Windows 10 phone

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hey. The way I look at it. Some the best Windows phones are pretty cheap now. Whether we like or not Market share says a lot. I'm looking at getting another Lumia 950 or xl. It's not like I need to pay 900.00 for a phone on the android platform that's imitating continuum. Plus it's all about the UI.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lenitana