Wait for it...something major is coming to Windows Phone!

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it is the 3D gestures. It would, after touch screen smartphones be the next revolution among smart phones. IPhone was the touch revolution, the McLaren will be the 3D gesture revolution if well implanted.

What I hope most, no matter what it is he refers to, is that neither Google or Apple can copy it within 2 years. That would give WP enough time to take over smartphone world.

All in all has to be a feature or overwhelming thing that makes people want to forget the app gap and choose WP anyway. Just as when people took an iPhone simply for the new experience, leaving behind much more functionality that was at Windows Mobile.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
The ability to run android apps - like bb10 on blackberry? That's upset a few people!

It would certainly help for those who like WP but just need one or two must have Android apps.

Flip side being less motivation for native apps.

Posted via the WPC App for Android! on BlackBerry Z30

Last edited:

MDMcAtee

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it is the 3D gestures. It would, after touch screen smartphones be the next revolution among smart phones. IPhone was the touch revolution, the McLaren will be the 3D gesture revolution if well implanted.

What I hope most, no matter what it is he refers to, is that neither Google or Apple can copy it within 2 years. That would give WP enough time to take over smartphone world.

All in all has to be a feature or overwhelming thing that makes people want to forget the app gap and choose WP anyway. Just as when people took an iPhone simply for the new experience, leaving behind much more functionality that was at Windows Mobile.

Dammmmmmmmmmm....and I thought I was dreaming.....

bitwise

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
My guess is that Samsung will stop churning out android devices and will be exclusively manufacturing for windows. Hahahahah. That'll definitely upset a lot of people.

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
My money is on either an Android emulator or allowing other apps stores. There have been rumors that Microsoft has been trying to accommodate china, and being able to steal apps is a big thing for the Chinese marker.

sd173

Dec 24, 2013
Visit site
I think the biggest part of the hint was when he said "we can do that?!" What I took away from the is it's probably something no other smartphone can currently do and something that might be available on any Windows Phone (I have a 1520, so hope for 512MB RAM support isn't why I think that). Because of what I'm speculating, I think it might not be 3D gestures. But I'm no smartphone reviewer, so I might as well be saying there's going to be an accessory for phones will have fans on it that can hover it where you want it to based on hand gestures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo