Wallet/Hard Reseting Question

Chris Nguyen1

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Im planning to hard rest my phone and start downloading the apps manually on my SD card since the "Other" file is killing me.

If I decide to hard reset my WP8S phone, do I have to update the phone again (setting -> phone update)? Because I could only get the new update while i was in the states, but i live in Canada now. I do not want to lose the update, i do not know when the next time i am going to the states again.

Another question, if i hard reset the phone, do i lose all my creditcards...etc in the Wallet app? Or is it saved the same way as my contacts/OneNote..etc if I log into my outlook account?

Thanks Alot!

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
To my knowledge, you can't install apps via SD card. It's a big complaint about Windows Phone.

You shouldn't lose the update. A hard reset merely restores the phone to factory defaults. When you update your device, it changes what this factory default is. So in essence, you'll be able to keep your update, as it'll do nothing more than clear your personal data.

As for the wallet app, I think the credit card information is synced with your Microsoft Account, so it should follow you. I'm not 100% sure about this, but I'm fairly positive.

QuadraFX

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
To my knowledge, you can't install apps via SD card. It's a big complaint about Windows Phone.

Your knowledge needs to be corrected.

You can install applications FROM microSD card to the phone memory. This allows to save on data transfer and a little bit on phone memory.
This means, You put the installation package on the memory card and the start the installation.

You can NOT install applications ON the microSD card. Only phone memory can be set as the destination.

I hope You see the difference now.

SwimSwim

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Your knowledge needs to be corrected.

You can install applications FROM microSD card to the phone memory. This allows to save on data transfer and a little bit on phone memory.
This means, You put the installation package on the memory card and the start the installation.

You can NOT install applications ON the microSD card. Only phone memory can be set as the destination.

I hope You see the difference now.

Oh, ok, that makes sense. Well, as they say: you learn something new everyday.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo