WANTED: A simple clock tile that works

Tab Numlock

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The developers of Clock Hub and and TimeMe are obsessed with adding superfluous features to their clock tiles making them unreliable as clocks and therefore USELESS. I know this can be done because the Time Hub guy twice removed all extra features from his clock and it worked PERFECTLY. I gave up glancing at the real clock to see if the tile had failed to update. Now I have no reliable clock. :cry:

BTW, I did d/l a working version of Time Hub and not only would it NOT install, it made my SD card unstable and caused Music and Store to be incredibly slow until I deleted it.

Also, if you are a developer, please spring for $59 to buy an L520 for testing. It's what half of us use.

Last edited:

SpaceyO

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Clock Hub has been working fine for me the last few days, as long as I don't use the weather option, which is fine for me since I have a weather tile right next to it.

Give Clock Hub another try.

Tab Numlock

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I have wasted many frustrating hours on it. IT IS UNRELIABLE and probably always will be. Arnold Vink has been working on his for months and it is still WORTHLESS to me. BTW, I have TWO L520s, both hard reset.

If every time you look at the tile you have to look up at the real clock to see if the tile is accurate, THE TILE IS POINTLESS. YES, I AM SHOUTING.

Do I have to learn development to get a simple clock?

ushodax

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
clock hub for me isn't working properly. sometimes i unlock my phone and i only get a large tile with the clock hub icon, no time. i have to reenter to the app to get the tile working again

MChaney3563

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
Clock Hub use to work flawlessly for me. Since the latest update, it barely works now. It never updates, or if it does, only in intervals of 20+ mins.

lsmachado

Apr 30, 2012
Visit site
I had to uninstall Clock Hub from my 1520 yesterday. It wouldn't display accurate time or just had the logo and nothing else.

I had already disabled the weather feature, too. Then yesterday, I noticed that when it just displayed the logo, my phone got really, really hot to the touch, and for the first time ever, my battery was down to 8% in a little over an hour's time. The lowest it's ever been before that was 40% at the end of a 14-16 hour day of use. I've always enjoyed great battery life with this phone.

I think, being that it was allowed to run in the background, it may have been constantly trying to get the correct time. My phone has NEVER gotten that hot before (had it since release day).

Such a shame to have to uninstall it, because I really do like the app a lot. 😒

Battery life seems normal today.

Rad Matic

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Just tried TimeMe again, kept missing updates, as it has since the beginning. Plus, I don't like all the junk on the tile. I just want a clock. The clock gods don't want me to have a simple digital clock, I guess. Currently using Analog Clock Tile. It works, probably because it is only a clock and doesn't try to be a weather bureau.

Smort

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Clock Hub (or Time Me, I forget which) would eventually show the wrong time (if it showed at all) and the wrong weather. All it needed was the wrong day and it would be perfect.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Clock Hub (or Time Me, I forget which) would eventually show the wrong time (if it showed at all) and the wrong weather. All it needed was the wrong day and it would be perfect.

Maybe you should check your store to see which one it was because as it is you are giving both a bad rap and you have only tried one of them.

For me clock hub would work and even with it set to not show the weather it always would.

Time me is working flawlessly on both my phones and surfaces.

Will6371

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you should check the posts before mine that had issues with both. Glad they work for you, though.

So just because you have seen other people say that an app doesn't work you think it's okay to say you had a problem with it even though you may not have used it. Smart :wink:

MDK22

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
Maybe you should check, yourself !

I'm NOT the developer, but TimeMe is in alpha testing (not even beta) & the guy's issuing releases as he makes progress. It will eventually be very good, once the DEV explores the new APIs proffered by Microsoft. Besides the fact, it's FREE ...

Rad Matic

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Read the reviews. Clock Hub worked perfectly for nearly everyone before he added temperature. Now it works for almost no one. Why he doesn't just put back the old one I can't imagine. If you are a developer, please make a simple digital clock. I would gladly pay $5 to end the aggravation. And I'll bet you $50 that a month from now, TimeMe will not keep accurate time.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124