Was almost ripped off; How can I find the date a 4S was first turned on/activated?

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
I bought a claimed to be new T-Mobile 4S in sealed T-Mobile box.

But the seal was broken, and although the contents were exactly like another new 4S I bought before directly from T-Mobile, when turned on the phone did not boot into the usual routine for a new Windows phone AND it had an AirVoice SIM in it!

I'll be returning it but would like to know how to find the phone's original activation date or hours of use in case the next crook I buy from has the sense to remove the SIM and do a hard reset. If that had been done, I would not know I'd been cheated until and if it failed during the factory warranty period.

I remember being able to get that information on some previous Windows phone but I don't remember how and even if I did it might have been something that only worked on that brand/model.

Also, just to better understand the mind of crooks, whether the one I bought this phone from or who (s)he bought it from, just why was that SIM even in a phone that was still T-Mobile locked (confirmed)? And if its a clue, the SIM was well used based on the contacts being almost worn out from numerous installs and apparently still had available data service because the phone powered on with cellular data shown available!

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Update: No crooks. The store bought a bunch of new Idol 4Ss from T-Mobile when they stopped selling them. They found a few were open box. For those they fired them up to make sure they worked before selling them as "New, other". The SIM was used to test that aspect of the phone which is why it was so worn. It had probably been in and out of hundreds of different brand and model phones that passed thru the store. They didn't know how it got back in the group of sealed boxes. They are rushing me a sealed box 4S even as the first one is on its way back. They are even refunding part of my payment for my trouble.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon