what android phone is similar to Lumia 1520

Status
Not open for further replies.

saqib qureshi

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for an android in similar physical dimensions as the Lumia 1520. 6 inch or large that is wide (as opposed to the slim narrow trend).
I like a stand-out Phone. My red 1520 constantly gets noticed on its physical beauty, body material, rectangle/sharp Edge look without a case. Any suggestions ?

kralferdici

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
I am still using windows phone I am missing a lot of android operating system according to system instagram constantly putting on the main screen other applications are stuck in the pattern of phone lumia 640 XL Lte windows 10 phone is very busy but I have to use because I am using windows7.1 store because there is no application but Nokia has left us using Android Microsoft misses our old days that have already done this business but I think Nokia will get it again Nokia is legend.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: If anyone still GAF, I did buy the Xiaomi Mi Mix 6.4 in screen. This is the first gen, not the Mi Mix 2, particularly because they made the newer one a bit smaller and rounded the corners...I'm Just kinda picky on that. This MiMix is literally the same size as the 1520 in physical dimensions - see picture, its a pretty sweet looking phone, great large screen. Apparently the camera isn't great, however everything ive tested so far it is good. I really do miss the camera roll in WP interface, also am missing the living photos in the Lumias.
I'm using Launcher 10, purchased the live tile function...I'm pretty impressed with it, like it more than squarehome2. No clue what happens with my data privacy though by giving permissions for live tiles, but I guess I'll live with it.
***I'm still playing with this on WiFi right now, cant make myself fully let go of the 1520, with twitter and uber still working I think I'm still okay with WP.

View attachment 139570
Thanks for sharing. That looks intriguingly almost like a Windows 10 phone except for the System tray at the top and navbar of course...gets one all revved up as if we had new hardware running W10M, but we only wish...

Is also kinda sad that someone on the Play store decided to market the live tile purchase with the launcher...at least they found a way to get paid from all Windows phone users migrating over lol. If they can pull it off in their app more power to them...how does it perform?

saqib qureshi

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
It performs very well, 6 GB of ram makes it super smooth... I mean the apps that I use most (Twitter, Telegram, Whatsapp) are great. I'm not crazy about trying to get every app, I feel using WP allowed me to carry on life without an "app for that"...but I could see people wanting to switch for something like SnapChat. As I said before, people *say* the camera isnt great, but I honestly cant tell at this time if its bad or not.
I didn't mind one bit to pay the extra for the live tiles, think its pretty awesome someone put in the effort to do that, when MSFT Launcher doesn't...I feel bad for the smart people who came up with ideas like Hubs, Pivots, social media integration into contacts, and live tiles. wm10 was already getting rid of those unique features that optimize one hand usage. Id also pay to a developer who could make a People Hub...I know facebook took away that API, however in my lumia I side-loaded the Microsoft version of Facebook so was still able to get that.

I got a red frame for the Mi Mix because its all glass and super fragile. Kinda gives me that old school look. Physically, the display is awesome, but its still not as easy to hold as the 1520. the 1520 in one hand was great, the smooth material didnt hurt the fingers. MiMix with a case is a little heavier too.

Here's a side by side of the two:

photo5123218831450417178.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99