What happened and how do I fix it?

Rachel Wohld

May 1, 2019
Visit site
I have tried twice to trade in my Microsoft Surface 3 to Amazon for a new Fire tablet. The first time, I was told that it was linked to a cloud account. I got it back, removed it from my Microsoft account, my Amazon account, and my One Drive account. For good measure, I did a factory reset. I sent it in again and was told once again that it was linked to a cloud account. However, when I got it back this time, Windows is no longer on it. I cannot get to anything at all no matter where I try. ? When I try to power up the tablet I get a pop up that says, "C:\WINDOWS\system32\config\systemprofile\Desktop is unavailable. If the location is on this PC, make sure the device or drive is connected or the disc is inserted, and then try again. If the location is on a network, make sure you're connected to the network or Internet, and then try again. If the location still can't be found, it might have been moved or deleted." But, it won't let me go to anywhere to fix it. It has no disc as it is a tablet. I click on the Windows logo in the bottom left corner and it does nothing. It sits at the desktop screen and the only icon on there is the recycle bin. I would like to use this as a trade-in and when I contacted Amazon before I got it back this time, I told them what all did on it and they said that it would be accepted if I sent it in for the third time. But, if I cannot even get on it to verify if I unlinked everything, how can they see that it is still linked to an account?

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
If you have a Microsoft store nearby where you are please take the tablet there. They should be able to restore it for you. Otherwise call Microsoft technical support and see if they can help you remotely.

Rachel Wohld

May 1, 2019
Visit site
Living in northern New Hampshire, I don't have one nearby. However, I am going to have to take the over-priced paperweight somewhere as now I cannot even charge it to try and fix it. Worst use of my money in a long time. :eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre