What's new with the Outlook app for Windows 11

Padaung

Mar 28, 2018
Visit site
I've downloaded the Outlook app and like what I'm finding so far. However, the ads masquerading as emails keep appearing at the top of my inbox and I'm finding this really annoying.

What's even more annoying is that I have a current Microsoft 365 subscription, but when I click on 'Go ad free' it takes me to a 'Buy now' webpage for Microsoft 365 but there is no option to tell it to login to my existing account/subscription.

In addition to this, the rest of my MS apps are all happily logged into my account (OneDrive, Word, Excel, etc.), so why doesn't Outlook know about my subscription? Very frustrating indeed.

If anyone at Windows Central can find a solution to this I would be very grateful. I've searched and so far not found a solution.

Reactions: nop

Painfully_Candid

Oct 8, 2019
Visit site
Hard pass. I absolutely hate Outlook. The Mail app has all the features I need and none of the ones I don't. I use mostly touch devices, and Outlook is both ugly and user-spiteful when it comes to touch devices. Microsoft can take Outlook and shove it in a bin.

Jeffery L

Jan 13, 2018
Visit site
So I have been using Outlook for Windows for about two weeks. My main complaint is that it is SLOW; particularly when the app opens. Mail and Calendar app took sub-second to open. Outlook for Windows can take up to 10 seconds to open. I removed Mail and Calendar app, which now in Windows 10, I lost the agenda in the Taskbar > calendar. Also, Mail and Calendar would allow you to scroll the month view. Month view would also open with the current week on top. This is a critical feature; particularly when it gets near the end of the month and you want to see events on your calendar in the next few weeks. With Outlook for Windows, the month view aligns only to a single month at a time; like a paper calendar. You have to switch back and forth between months to see what is coming up. This takes more cognitive load. Microsoft should know better.

paulw3

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
Where do I find the latest version of this new Outlook. The one I have installed was from the MS Store which is dated 6/11/2022 . I can't seem to find a way to update it as the MS Store says it's installed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria