What's the "What's new" in Contacts all about?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 950 with Windows 10 Mobile, the Anniversary Update installed. In the Contacts/People app it used to give me things like their updates on Facebook and some on Twitter. (Not many of the people I have a family or friends are on Twitter. :( )

However, when I go into the People app on my phone now, nothing is under the "What's new" tab/page. All it says is, "No news to share right now". It's been that way for a while.

So, is this functionality deprecated or do I need to do something else in order to enable this functionality?

DOGC_Kyle

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
The current Facebook and Twitter app don't have the integration. If you can find the older versions of the app (install with .appx file), you'll get the full integration. Basically, the OS still supports it, but the apps don't.

I think for most people, the dedicated apps have much more features, so the simple people hub doesn't make sense. Back in the days of WP7 and 8, it made more sense, since dedicated apps had so few features (requiring a desktop web browser for everything else), and a built-in solution was easier to use, but now that the mobile apps receive so much focus, there isn't much demand for simplified apps, especially since you need the full apps installed anyways.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6