What's your battery life now? (2019)

EFats

May 6, 2018
Visit site
The early reviews seemed to be unaninmously bad, much worse than the 950 XL even though the battery is only about 10% smaller.
It's been more than a few years now and a bunch of updates.

Has anyone noticed any improvements in battery life?
I'm curious if I can "easily" get through a 10-12 hour day with moderate usage. That is a lot of text/email, some web browsing, no streaming videos, no games, no social media, maybe GPS maps...

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Yes, assuming the battery is relatively new (fewer than 300 charge cycles) and you have a clean install of the OS (a hard reset within the last year)

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
I learned to set/control location and background practices of my apps early on and have always enjoyed a day's use, most days. I've been careless and I'm on my third 950, so batteries have outlasted my 950s. Moreover, luckily our batteries are replaceable and I've always had an extra battery for whenever I've needed it. I really appreciate it when I go into the mountains or other remote areas. Popping in a low-cost charged battery moves you immediately to 100%. Thus, battery life, daily and lifetime, has never been a concern and still is not.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Where do you get batteries? Any reputable brands? I don't see any of the OEM ones available on Amazon

Well, because I've had to replace 2 or three 950s, I've had original batteries as backups. I probably would have searched Amazon, and I would have been open to non-OEM options, which I've always done with phones and cameras. If needed, I'd probably go with the Beltron option at Amazon today, only because it has plenty of good reviews, including 2019 ones. I can't personally recommend it, but I'm trying to sell one of my 950s right now on the Marketplace here, and if the new one goes, I might pick up a backup spare.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos