Where are all the cool accessories?

Tempest790

Oct 3, 2004
Visit site
I love my Surface Pro, but Microsoft hinted that new accessories to the keyboard dock and possibly a keyboard with a built in battery. Plus, I'm sure it supports other stuff too.

...And nothing.

I never used Android (and never will), but when your competitors are going to have a complete product cycle before you even introduce some new accessories, Microsoft has an uphill battle.

Please, MS give us some new toys for our Surfaces! :cry:

If Nokia introduces a 10" tablet with at least a 1080p screen, I'm all over it.

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I can imagine that MS will hold back those battery-packed keyboards untill they introduce the new surface (2) devices.

sashlon

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
What would be really great for the Pro is an external battery pack, like what the Sony Vaio Duo 11 has. And/or a charging/connectivity dock. For example, it could offer a couple of extra USB ports, a HDMI out, an Ethernet port and an SD reader. That'd be a great addition for the Pro.

Or what about a Hard drive dock, say it does charging and has a 300gb hard drive built in?

micaels

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
What would be really great for the Pro is an external battery pack, like what the Sony Vaio Duo 11 has. And/or a charging/connectivity dock. For example, it could offer a couple of extra USB ports, a HDMI out, an Ethernet port and an SD reader. That'd be a great addition for the Pro.

Or what about a Hard drive dock, say it does charging and has a 300gb hard drive built in?

I would more like to see a "docking station" so that you could use it a a regular desktop when you need to.

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site
The "cool accessories" are the same place for Google, Apple, Asus, HP, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba, etc., etc.,. They exist in the realm of marketing people whose goal is to keep interest, not deliver products. Nothing was ever promised beyond what was available on release and nothing has been delivered. That is pretty much what I expected. Some things may make an appearance eventually but I never buy a device based upon what might be added some day in the future. The same also holds true for every company in the business, not just Microsoft.

felickz

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
The pro has the extra ports next to the keyboard connector... Has anyone tried to hack these connectors and make a custom dock?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234