where can I get the charging port repaired on my Nokia 1520 and 1020?

Lutherjf

Jun 20, 2020
Visit site
'No charging cable works anymore. I have bought 5 or 6 and none of them work. The original that came with the phone doesn't work either.

Ben xfg

Jun 11, 2020
Visit site
'No charging cable works anymore. I have bought 5 or 6 and none of them work. The original that came with the phone doesn't work either.

Inspect the charge port for debris and clean out with a non conductive pick if any is present.
Are other devices able to charge using the same receptacle, charging brick and cable?
If that fails then a local repair shop should be able to help you out.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The 1020 is 7 years old, and the 1520 is 6 years old. Therefore, it will cost more money for repairs than either phone is worth. From an economic standpoint, you'd be better off buying a new device.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site

The best solution would be to change the ports your self using parts from ebay as it not economically feasible to pay for a repair for these phones as many of these places won't have these parts in stock and will have to "order in" parts, which will most likely be from ebay if you want the phones fixed in a hurry.

The easiest solution is to use the Wireless charging on the devices, many smartphones now support Qi wireless charging so the charging mat or product won't go to waste.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett