Who Still Fixes Nokia Lumia 1520s?

jaykayo

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi all - I have a Lumia 1520.3 (RM-938) aka the unicorn that I've been wanting to get fixed for a while now.

Long story short, contacted Microsoft (in-person at a Microsoft store), got directed to B2X, who directed me to Palco repair in Alabama, who just said that they no longer get parts and can't offer anything other than screen repairs.

Are there any stores/vendors/even individuals that you know of that still repair 1520s? I'd much rather use it than get something new.

List of problems in order they occurred: Back/Home/Search lights at bottom of phone went out, microphone stopped working (nobody can hear me on other end of calls; "Hey Cortana" doesn't work), phone doesn't recognize SIM card, battery drains rapidly.

Any leads would be greatly appreciated. It's a few years old, but I'd much rather continue using this phone. Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You'll probably have to go hunting to see what shops or peeps would take on the project.

But to be honest I would replace the phone at that point since I can say we're talking about replacing the battery (which isn't bad in and of itself) and since the SIM and mic stopped working, we're probably talking replacing a lot of circuitry inside if (not sure if this is the case) they can't be replaced individually.

rlouie001

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Have done a hard reset? Sometimes doing a hard reset will solve most software issues. If you haven't I would do a hard reset and choose no restore. After hard reset and see if some of your issues are fixed. I would then do a hard reset again , but this time choose the option of restore to get all your data and contacts.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria