Why are some files in OneDrive not showing up from other locations?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have most of my files on Onedrive on my laptop. It needs to be repaired so I am temporarily setting up a desktop computer. So I set up Onedrive on the desktop computer and sign in and have it sync the same folders and files as the laptop.
It said it was finished so I went to open a file and found it was not in the file folder. Checked a few other folders and found the same. Most of the files were synced in the folders but not all. So i unlinked Onedrive and re-linked it but found that the same files are missing??? These folders have green checkmarks but are not totally synced.
Not making me feel very safe with my files on Onedrive. Any suggestions?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have most of my files on Onedrive on my laptop. It needs to be repaired so I am temporarily setting up a desktop computer. So I set up Onedrive on the desktop computer and sign in and have it sync the same folders and files as the laptop.
It said it was finished so I went to open a file and found it was not in the file folder. Checked a few other folders and found the same. Most of the files were synced in the folders but not all. So i unlinked Onedrive and re-linked it but found that the same files are missing??? These folders have green checkmarks but are not totally synced.
Not making me feel very safe with my files on Onedrive. Any suggestions?

can you check if all the files that are not synced are of the same filetype? Or on the pc, are they hidden files?

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Duckboat

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
I have found my solution. Even though everything in my OneDrive is supposed to sync there were items that did not. Looking at OneDrive folder on my computer I thought they were synced but looking online showed that they were not. I just unsynced Onedrive and re-synced it merging the files and now they are all current.
My only question is why were they not synced in the first place? Maybe they were created when Onedrive was not open???

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have found my solution. Even though everything in my OneDrive is supposed to sync there were items that did not. Looking at OneDrive folder on my computer I thought they were synced but looking online showed that they were not. I just unsynced Onedrive and re-synced it merging the files and now they are all current.
My only question is why were they not synced in the first place? Maybe they were created when Onedrive was not open???

possibly, or onedrive was still syncing them or it hadn't detected that new files had been added. Sometimes I add a large number of files like a1000 photos and the upload process doesn't start for hours. What I simply do is close onedrive from system tray and then start it up again. It then sees the new files and starts uploading

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon