Why do I have an extremely long boot up process?

Greyfox1787

Mar 9, 2020
Visit site
Just built a new gaming pc. ROG Strix x570e mobo, MSI GeForce RTX 2080, corsair vengeance 2x16 ram, 1tb sad, 850 gold power supply, AMD Ryzem 9 3900 processor, 500GB m.2 nvme ssd.

I've installed Windows, updated all the drivers, and still have a long boot time, I'm not talking about a minute or two either. At least 15-20 minutes before I get to the windows screen. Any tips or advice would be appreciated.

midnightfrolic

Aug 2, 2015
Visit site
I just built an AMD system myself, but have no where near that long of a boot time. Here are things I'd try. AMD builds are super slow compared to Intel builds, but shouldn't be that slow. Mine takes about 20 seconds to get into Windows (with all extra stuff disconnected), compared to a 6 year old all-in-one PC Intel CPU that takes only 6 seconds to get into Windows

1) set mobo UEFI to defaults without any overclocking if possible
2) set RAM motherboard settings to specifications (exmaples: it's designed voltage and speed in Mhz)
3) uninstall any additional drives except for the main drive with the OS on it.
4) disconnect any external USB drives
5) disconnect any extra devices. only connect mouse, keyboard and monitor.

The biggest culprits are the additional external devices attached. Then RAM settings. I'm assuming you used the M.2 drive as your main OS drive.

Other than that, I'd check on updating BIOS and check your mobo forums for tips.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oliveeAria