Why do I have sound & camera problems using Teams on my Acer Chromebook?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have an Acer Chromebook at home & need to use it for live Teams meetings. The quality of the internal camera & mic is very poor so I bought a webcam. The picture quality was better but the sound distorted so I bought a Hue webcam. I tried using it today but my colleagues said the picture froze & I sounded distorted & slurred. I tried recording a meeting just with myself & there was a delay between the sound & image. It says my wi-fi connection is medium. Any suggestions?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
It could be your internet and/or router but most likely the problem is the Chromebook itself. What are the specs? At our company, we found folks using older/underpowered laptops had similar problems with Teams audio & video. As soon as they switched to newer/better laptops, the problems went away. To check your internet/router, go to a site such as Speedtest or Nperf and run a test. You'll want 10+ Mb/s up & down although it should be OK with a little less, especially the upstream. I prefer the Nperf test b/c it'll also test latency which should be under 100 ms.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786