Why does 950 clean out e-mail server?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

When checking e-mails sent through service provider the Lumia downloads and then clean my account on the server, POP3. This gives that they are no longer avilable for other devices.
The phone does also clean itself from mails so once read it is wiped away during next sync. This started after updating to .107. No changes in setting made. Mail account of course now deleted from the phone. One could sat that this particular phenomenon is fairly irritating. Necessary to go back to Android maybe? Been happy with the phone for the 2 months I've had it but this is not good.

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
When checking e-mails sent through service provider the Lumia downloads and then clean my account on the server, POP3. This gives that they are no longer avilable for other devices.
The phone does also clean itself from mails so once read it is wiped away during next sync. This started after updating to .107. No changes in setting made. Mail account of course now deleted from the phone. One could sat that this particular phenomenon is fairly irritating. Necessary to go back to Android maybe? Been happy with the phone for the 2 months I've had it but this is not good.
Are you talking about GMAIL or OUTLOOK ? or any other mails?

if you login on a PC in your mailbox -
if this is GMAIL, check if 'Delete GMails copy' is not turned ON in your POP settings.
Similarly Outlook mail has settings in POP/IMAP which prevents or sets to delete mails from web.

AngryFinn

Feb 24, 2016
Visit site
Outlook.
No problems on either PC or laptop, settings in order. Since I shut the 950 mail down all is normal with the rest and the mails stay on the server until I log in and manually delete them. (Seems my first log-in was stamped as "Guest")

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozis