Why doesn't my 950 have caller ID?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 950 no caller ID

New user to forums and second Windows phone. Got the 950 last week and had to do a hard reset to get it running properly (battery drain, sluggish, etc) Added Windows Insider and it seems to be running the way I would expect a highend phone to run. One thing I have noticed, even before the reset is that when I get an incoming phone call (from my wife for example) it only shows her phone number and not her photo, contact information, ringtone, etc. Any thoughts?

itxjobe

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
So I did some testing, if I have a number with 10 digits XXX-XXX-XXXX it will NOT show the contact, if I add a +1 to the number +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX then it shows up the contact. This is silly, I have all the region info set correctly theres no reason it shouldnt pick up contacts. Anyone have any other things I should try before I go and add a +1 to EVERY single contact?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
So I did some testing, if I have a number with 10 digits XXX-XXX-XXXX it will NOT show the contact, if I add a +1 to the number +1 XXX-XXX-XXXX then it shows up the contact. This is silly, I have all the region info set correctly theres no reason it shouldnt pick up contacts. Anyone have any other things I should try before I go and add a +1 to EVERY single contact?

What hapens is you disable international assist.
Settings < phone < under Dialing.

itxjobe

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Yea no dice, I can literally get a phone call and it will show just the numebr and then in call history it shows nothing then later ill come back and it will show the contact name, its like the people app and the phone app arent communicating and its super frustrating.

itxjobe

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Well I had a suspicious feeling when I got the 10.0.10586.29 update that it may have screwed somethings up, I reset the phone completely and just logged into the Live account. I deleted a number I had, called my phone, as expected no caller ID as it should. I added the number back into my phone and ONLY put the 10 digits no +1 and I called my phone and received caller ID like I should. Also another number in my phone that had no +1 I had call and it came in with the contact name. needless to say for now it is working, time will tell if it stays. Will update in a week.

Leo5500

Sep 7, 2014
Visit site
I moved from my Lumia 920 to a new Lumia 950 dual SIM. It seems the new 950 will not display the callers ID unless the number sent by the operator matches exactly the number registered in the phone under People.

This will cause problems in countries where the provider will not send the country code as part of the caller ID for local calls, for example 0123456789 instead of +xxx123456789 (I write all phone entries in this full format). If an international number calls in then the name is correctly displayed. This applies to many countries in the world including European and Middle Eastern countries.

Microsoft must find a solution for this promptly.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bensdye