Why is my Nokia Lumia with Windows such a terrible phone?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I've had the phone for a month and the only app I've gotten to consistently work is my text messaging so far, and I'm curious to see if it's just me. My most recent issue is getting music onto the phone and I have tried the ridiculous Windows Phone App (the only use after two hours of trying to get it to work has been multiple repeated restarts of my phone and at one point, I think I got to name my phone though the name I gave it is long gone by now), the OneDrive App for the computer as well, which, in addition to not allowing me to upload any files, it won't even let me download the one thing that somehow made it to the storage.

At this point its a fancy flip phone, so I'm glad that it can still make calls (though getting calls to actually start is pretty spotty on occasion) and send and receive texts. Anyone know of anywhere I can go to get help with this awful excuse for a phone and terrible "apps" for my computer beyond a simple google search?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Our community here is generally a great resource for advice from real users. Why not join us?

Microsoft themselves have a lot of help pages and how to's at https://www.windowsphone.com/en-us

I, myself, simply plug my phone into USB and transfer media files that way... Without more specific questions it becomes hard to give pointed advice.

In general, as someone who has changed smartphone platforms several times and tried many more as a hobby... I believe a common problem when switching platforms is ingrained habits. Many times users try and make the new device behave as the old one did and they get frustrated when it does not work that way. That may or may not be your issue, I'm just making an observation. Take from it what applies and leave the rest.

Good Luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorGabl