Why is my phone doing this?

CamiKitti

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes, the screen and buttons freeze, and I can't touch anything! I have to take the battery out to make it work again! This happened on my last htc surround too. :( (Which was originally mine, I have my mom's now)

alex6272

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Perhaps your Surround is partially defective? Could you give a more detailed description of when your phone freezes? I've owned my Surround for over a year and the only times it ever locks up is when I plug it in to charge and when I unplug it (it does that for only a few seconds and I can avoid the wait by turning the screen off then on).

MrDiamondJ

Oct 8, 2011
Visit site
This may be the problem that I was having a few months back. My Surround would randomly freeze and reboot every once in a while, but over time it got worse and worse. Eventually it would freeze and reboot itself every 2 minutes or less (it was truly maddening). The only thing that would fix it would be to take the battery out and let the phone sit for a while. Of course, that was only a temporary fix.

Put in a technical support ticket for you phone on www.htc.com. They'll respond via email and, based on your symptoms, tell you to call them. Their number is:

866-449-8358 (North America)
6 a.m. to 1 a.m. Eastern Time (every day)

Fortunately my phone was still under warranty, so I only had to pay to ship it there (their repair center is in Houston, TX). But they fixed it quickly (and you can track its status on their website) and got it back to my doorstep in less than 10 days total IIRC. It was a really smooth repair experience.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs