Why is my "your phone" grayed out to where I can't click it?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

I have tried to look up this answer but can come up with nothing that helps. When I click on the your phone in settings it says above that some settings are hidden or managed by your organization and the add a phone is grey.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Are you on a work issued laptop?

As it could be a IT Policy restriction and secondly if not - are you using Windows 10 Pro?

I ask if you are on Windows 10 Pro - as I have set WU settings by group policy.

WU Managed by org.JPG

So you may be able to get around it by tweaking group policy settings - which I can't say for certain as I don't have an android phone or iphone at hand to test the your phone app.

If you are on Windows 10 home than it maybe due to a cumulative update or it could be another bug in the delayed W10 October update... hard to gauge without more info.

Best way to check which version you have, press Windows key + r and in the run box type in Winver then press enter.

The last thing I can think of is that it's been put back into A/B test / Windows 10 is being persnickety as usual. I had an instance where Miracast and Screen mirroring was working fine on a PC I built and later W10 says that function is not available for the device... when it was working a little while before.

So it could be vast number of things - so more info is required.

Please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb