Why is the camera loading and taking shots without being touched?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

While my Nokia Lumia 920 is sitting untouched in screensaver mode, the camera keeps repeatedly loading and taking shot after shot until the battery dies. I thought it was a user error (e.g. like *** dialing), when I first had approx 600 shots of nothing on my camera roll, or I was just going crazy. Then it started happening all the time. Have tried soft reset. Anyone have a clue?

ssapre

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Check the physical camera button if its because of a phone protector OR if that has any dust or anything which might be causing it to be pressed always. you can also disable accidental camera press option in Settings > Photos + Camera.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
While my Nokia Lumia 920 is sitting untouched in screensaver mode, the camera keeps repeatedly loading and taking shot after shot until the battery dies. I thought it was a user error (e.g. like *** dialing), when I first had approx 600 shots of nothing on my camera roll, or I was just going crazy. Then it started happening all the time. Have tried soft reset. Anyone have a clue?

Looks like the physical camera button has been short-circuited already. Try blowing dry air into the sides of the camera button while your phone is turned off (either by using a hand aspirator (the one used for cameras) or a canister of dry compressed... but never use your breath/mouth). You could also try to prevent your camera apps from launching when the camera button is pressed by changing the settings (if you can make it to your settings at all). Lastly, you may have to bring your phone to a service center.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wizzard