why my laptop automatically sleep but worse

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

after not touching my laptop for awhile it goes into sleep mode or something similar but I cannot turn it back on
my keyboards and lights on my laptop is still on and the fans still go like normal
then i have to turn it off by pressing the power button for 3 second to turn it back on
i thought there might be malware at first but i cant scan anything using windows defender and malwarebytes
is there any solution to this problem?

sorry for bad english

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
I have also the same problem from past 4 to 5 years on my Toshiba Satellite S50D-A. I have tried almost everything drivers workaround, clean install windows but nothing works and now i compromise with this problem because wont find any solution up till now...

OneMarcilV

Oct 8, 2021
Visit site
Mine did the same but mine woud not turn off unless I unplugged the puppy.

This worked for me.

Disable C-States in BIOS

“C-States” is short for “CPU States”. They’re basically power-saving options – they turn down your system’s voltage, multipliers, etc. so your computer uses as little power as possible when it’s idle. Disabling C-States (turning off the power saving options) can make your computer more stable, and reduce the chance of unexpected problems like random freezing or rebooting. To disable C-States:

1) Restart your computer, and when you see the logo screen (example below), press the Setup key defined by your manufacturer. It should be listed on the logo screen. (Different manufacturers use different keys, but it’s usually F2, F1, Esc, F12, Delete or a combination of these keys.)

2) Once in your BIOS setup, use the arrow keys on your keyboard to navigate to the main menu. Go to Advanced tab, and choose the CPU Configuration option.

3) Both C1E Function and Intel(R) C-STATE tech should be Disabled. If they’re not, use your keyboard up and down arrows to navigate the list of options, highlight the setting you want to change, press Enter on your keyboard, then press the up or down arrow on your keyboard to change the value to Disabled.

After changing these settings, save and exit the BIOS settings as per the instructions on your screen, then restart your computer again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2