Why wont media player see my music folder

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
This app is broken, and I have contacted support and they have no idea how to fix it. Here are some odd things I found.

to this day the application on the back end is still called zune
Media Player runs out of the folder
C:\program files\windowsapps\microsoft.zunemusic_11.2112.40.0_x64_(random characters)

the database is located here
users\(your user name)\local\pakages\microsoft.zunemusic_(random again)\localstate

I have found smaller folders work..aka adding a simple artist\album

I have add a genre of music folder aka Industrial\artist\album

Adding music stops the search, you can watch the database file grow in local state until you add just the music folder, then it stops.

Event log is not generating errors and sys internals shows it is still attempting to ready but then just stops reading. I have not found any certain file type or folder name causing the issue. Hope this helps someone else dig further then I did.

has the app been uninstalled, yes, the issues is on multiple computers, have I rebooted and updated the system. yes.

Jun 9, 2021
Visit site
Strange and surprised that support didn't give you any solution.

Try resetting this app and also suggest you for "Sfc Scan" Open PowerShell as Admin and write "sfc /scannow" upon completion restart your computer...

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
This app is broken, and I have contacted support and they have no idea how to fix it. Here are some odd things I found.

to this day the application on the back end is still called zune
Media Player runs out of the folder
C:\program files\windowsapps\microsoft.zunemusic_11.2112.40.0_x64_(random characters)

the database is located here
users\(your user name)\local\pakages\microsoft.zunemusic_(random again)\localstate

I have found smaller folders work..aka adding a simple artist\album

I have add a genre of music folder aka Industrial\artist\album

Adding music stops the search, you can watch the database file grow in local state until you add just the music folder, then it stops.

Event log is not generating errors and sys internals shows it is still attempting to ready but then just stops reading. I have not found any certain file type or folder name causing the issue. Hope this helps someone else dig further then I did.

has the app been uninstalled, yes, the issues is on multiple computers, have I rebooted and updated the system. yes.

Still surprises me when these exchanges ignore an OS(s) reference, as if.

I rarely use it on my Win 7 setup, but it still launches, displays my ~100GB-collection immediately, and plays it as ever with the play key, etc.. Same for Zune. WMP shows my collection folder (D:\My Music) under Organize --> Manage libraries --> Music.

I have used MusicBee for all my music management, etc. since Zune lost its ripping and other features several years ago.

Good luck finding a solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos