Why won't my phone app open?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Phone app will not open

Nokia 635 with W10M 10136. Phone app says phone is off and will not open yet I can take incoming calls normally and initiate calls to any of my existing contacts (by going through the hurdle of opening the People App and looking them up there). Very odd and I haven't seen anyone else reporting a problem like this.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: Phone app will not open

Nokia 635 with W10M 10136. Phone app says phone is off and will not open yet I can take incoming calls normally and initiate calls to any of my existing contacts (by going through the hurdle of opening the People App and looking them up there). Very odd and I haven't seen anyone else reporting a problem like this.
Use the store beta to update apps. The phone app should install. If you fail then do a hard reset and everything should be fine.

Sarmad Khalil

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site

There are two phone app for some reason. If u are using the one pinned on the start, it wont open (at least for me). Workaround is simple. There is another app in the app menu, identical to the one pinned. Unpin the earlier one, pin the new one and u are good to go.

lcw731

May 29, 2012
Visit site

I have 2 phone apps on says phone off, and will not open, the other is fully functional. Not sure what the difference is. I un pinned the phone off and pinned the functioning phone app. Both are still on my phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EyeTea