Why wont my power button work on Nokia Lumia ?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Last night my phone needed to be charged' so when i pressed the power button to see the percentage of my battery it wouldnt open, so i thought the battery was empty. So as i connected it on the charger it opened imidiately so i went to close the screen (sleep mode) it just wouldnt and then all of a suden it went of by itself. When i tried opening the screen it just wouldnt. The power button only responds when i press it down for a while only to shut down the phone or start it ....... Why is this happening.
Oh and I have to mention yesterday towards miday my phone asked to backup and i did.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Last night my phone needed to be charged' so when i pressed the power button to see the percentage of my battery it wouldnt open, so i thought the battery was empty. So as i connected it on the charger it opened imidiately so i went to close the screen (sleep mode) it just wouldnt and then all of a suden it went of by itself. When i tried opening the screen it just wouldnt. The power button only responds when i press it down for a while only to shut down the phone or start it ....... Why is this happening.
Oh and I have to mention yesterday towards miday my phone asked to backup and i did.

I have probably faced this issue.
In my case, it was weird. If i would 'touch' my power button, it would lock and unlock. And if i press it, it won't. And if i long press it, it would show that slide to turn off screen. Whenever that happened, I would press the power button for 15 seconds. And then do a soft reset. (power button plus volume down button for 13 seconds. ) it would restart and the issue would get solved temporarily.

But this might be a totally different issue. Maybe it is your hardware issue, and you need to get it checked at some store.
Also, if you have a Nokia Lumia device, you have the camera button. I suggest for now, you go to settings and allow camera button to open your phone.
And download app from the store called perfect lock. It will allow you to put tile on the start screen to which if you press, phone locks.

Hope this helps for now. :)

Last edited:

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site

Welcome to windows 10 mobile...i have been having these issues with my 950XL since the time I bought it and it seems to be a common issue with Windows 10 mobile (I've seen a number of threads on this)... And from what I've read, there isn't a solution for this, unless I missed something.

aimulaidni

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I have probably faced this issue.
In my case, it was weird. If i would 'touch' my power button, it would lock and unlock. And if i press it, it won't. And if i long press it, it would show that slide to turn off screen. Whenever that happened, I would press the power hurt for 15 seconds. And then do a soft reset. (power button plus volume down button for 13 seconds. ) it would restart and the issue would get solved temporarily.

But this might be a totally different issue. Maybe it is your hardware issue, and you need to get it checked at some store.
Also, if you have a Nokia Lumia device, you have the camera button. I suggest for now, you go to settings and allow camera button to open your phone.
And download app from the store called perfect lock. It will allow you to put tile on the start screen to which if you press, phone locks.

Hope this helps for now. :)

You can also double tap the navigation bar to lock the phone... But you need to activate it first by going to settings

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DuckMcScrooge