Why won't my screen turn on?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

So, I broke my screen about 1-2 weeks ago and there was no problem with the phone. (The damage is very minor.) And last night I went to go plug it in and it wouldn't turn on. It would only vibrate after I held down the power button for about 15 seconds. I thought the battery was drained, so I left it charging overnight. It still won't turn on. It only vibrates when I hold down the power button.
I have tried removing the battery. When that happens it will vibrate when i plug it in or immediately after I press the power button. (It will only respond like that once and then revert back to how it was.)
Now, this is the weird thing: I had set an alarm the night before and it went off at the correct time today. I could turn it of by pressing the power button.
I think its a battery problem, but I'm not sure what to do.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
So, I broke my screen about 1-2 weeks ago and there was no problem with the phone. (The damage is very minor.) And last night I went to go plug it in and it wouldn't turn on. It would only vibrate after I held down the power button for about 15 seconds. I thought the battery was drained, so I left it charging overnight. It still won't turn on. It only vibrates when I hold down the power button.
I have tried removing the battery. When that happens it will vibrate when i plug it in or immediately after I press the power button. (It will only respond like that once and then revert back to how it was.)
Now, this is the weird thing: I had set an alarm the night before and it went off at the correct time today. I could turn it of by pressing the power button.

did you get the screen replaced through authorized service provider or locally? it is possible that something is broken inside which is causing this issue. check whether the battery sits perfectly in the slot, or the terminals in phone are not loose.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

see if you can get it checked with a local phone techie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ozis