Will Microsoft ever take the HoloLens technologly and apply it to tools for first responders?

M Davis Clarke

Dec 29, 2016
Visit site
As a firefighter and first responder, I've always thought it would be useful to have technology like HUD systems integrated into the SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus) masks, to better assist us when fighting fires, performing rescues and salvage & overhaul tasks. Since the introduction of HoloLens, it seems that firefighters/first responders would be the perfect candidates to utilize this technology, while allowing us to perform our jobs more safely and efficiently.

pkcable

VR Expert
Jul 3, 2009
Visit site
I've often thought this would be a GREAT use for AR tech! And if not integrated, then provided as an easy to wear addition to your gear. And of course anything you guys use needs to be completely water proof as well as heat resistant!

Also thank you so much for what you do for our communities! First responders are true heroes in my book!

Razius

Feb 11, 2013
Visit site
As a firefighter and first responder, I've always thought it would be useful to have technology like HUD systems integrated into the SCBA (self-contained breathing apparatus) masks, to better assist us when fighting fires, performing rescues and salvage & overhaul tasks. Since the introduction of HoloLens, it seems that firefighters/first responders would be the perfect candidates to utilize this technology, while allowing us to perform our jobs more safely and efficiently.

The new HoloLens 2 would be the perfect candidate for this. You can now mount/integrate them into hard hats and helmets allowing for a flip up visor style like fighter pilots where you don't need it in your face all the time. Curious. What would you look for in an application to assist you? I only ask because I develop for HoloLens for my work and are currently looking at Lenovo's new AR headset in addition.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster