Will the LG Lancet (Verizon Windows 8.1 phone) get the Windows 10 Update?

• Thread starter WPCentral Question
  • Start date
W

WPCentral Question

I'm with Verizon right now (I just switched from AT&T).

I just got a Samsung Galaxy with Verizon right now, but I don't like it at all. I got 14 days to change my phone, and I was thinking of going back to a Windows Phone. I'm really a basic smartphone user, I don't need a powerful phone, so I rather go with the Lancet over the HTC One.

But a few years ago, I remember I got the Samsung Focus S (Windows 7.5) with AT&T, thinking I would get the Windows 8 update a few months later, but that never happened. Nor did I even get the Windows 7.8 update.

I'm afraid something like this might happen with the LG Lancet with Verizon. I only want to get it if it's 100% guaranteed to get the Windows 10 update. Or if there will be a way I can force Windows 10 on the phone myself.

I can't find any hard evidence if it will or will not get Windows 10, even when I asked a Microsoft employee, it's all "Maybe, Maybe Not".

The phone has 1GB of RAM and 8GB of internal storage (4GB Usable)

So far the LG Lancet is not on this Windows 10 Preview list

So I'm not sure what this means. But I'm pretty sure it means I just can't force the Windows 10 Preview on the LG Lancet. I will have to get it from Verizon. Or it may not be on the list because the phone was released in May I believe.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
We can't say for sure since its all to easy for VZW to throw the phone under the bus.

You remember that 7-8 break, but this time around, most any 8.1 phone should get 10.

The problem is whether LG and VZW make and push the update. which I'm willing to wager on. Despite lack of history.

The preview is limited to mostly Lumias, but IIRC, there have been phones not in the preview have been confirmed for 10 at this time. (Lumia 530, I think some BLU phones are slated for it too.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cagkles124