Will we see quad-core Surface Pro / Book's in the future?

localjustin

Mar 7, 2017
Visit site
Hey Dan,

With Microsoft courting the creative market more than ever these days. Do you think we will see a Surface Pro / Book that can directly compete with the 15 inch MacBook Pro or the excellent XPS 15?

Thanks,
Justin

DeeMickSee

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
And a second question from me on this: if I want a sleek and light quad-core portable (laptop / 2-in-1 / tablet / ultra-book)... are my only options 2kg and up as far as weight goes? Why does it feel like no OEM is truly chasing the quad-core aspect of the MacBook Pro?

FXi2

Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
XPS 15 does quad as does I think one of the Lenovo 14" models, so you definitely can find thin and pretty light in quad core. I too, however, wish even a lower clocked quad could come in the SB "2" or next gen SB. I don't know if it can be done because remember that panel comes off and makes a tablet and that's a tiny place to put that much heat (and power consumption). So call it unlikely but possible if Intel makes a lower clocked quad or next round of process shrinks in a future generation.

You'd have to be hoping for a downclocked 7300HQ at 30-35W at most. I think the target would be 25W, so it would have to be a quad that didn't go too fast.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99