Will Windows phone fans finally get the device of their dreams?

Windows Central

WinC Bot
Staff member
Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
surface-folded-2.jpg

An encouraging flow of Microsoft device patents and sourced information are filling in the lines of a mobile strategy we've laid out over the years.
The device taking shape as more information surfaces is what we've been faithfully describing while most outlets declared Microsoft's mobile efforts dead. Analysis of Microsoft's technological investments, its mission, vision statements and other information has helped us build a narrative consistent with what appears to be Microsoft's next mobile device and ongoing strategy.

Still, it's been a long journey. And despite reliable sources and patents that indicate Microsoft's working on a next-generation device, things can still go south. The Surface Mini and McLaren are proof of that.

Yet if the device surfaces Windows phone fans who believed all along will rejoice. And contrary to the critics, our confidence that Microsoft's been working on a mobile device has rested on more than blind hope. In fact, the patents and other information that have since convinced doubters of the existence of Microsoft's inking-focused folding device reflects the narrative we've weaved over time. Now, since 2018 may be the year Microsoft brings this device to market, I'll share a brief look back into my thoughts and analytical process that has convinced me (and others) to stay the course.

Full story from the WindowsCentral blog...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss