windows 10 connect/project - how to prevent audio from playing on the other device?

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
Hello,

I want to use my surface pro 1 tablet as a secondary monitor (extended screen mode) for my laptop by using WIndows 10 connect/project, and it seems to work now. However, it plays the laptop sounds on the tablet. Can this be prevented?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If you click the volume icon in the system tray on your Surface, can you not choose the audio source by clicking the arrow at the top to select the Surface and then lower or mute the volume?

priyankaarya

Banned
Feb 27, 2019
Visit site
You can try this
Search "Sound" in the taskbar search, and select Sound Control Panel item from the list of results. The Sound properties box will open. Under the Playback tab, right-click the Default Device – Speakers/Headphones and select Properties

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
You can try this
Search "Sound" in the taskbar search, and select Sound Control Panel item from the list of results. The Sound properties box will open. Under the Playback tab, right-click the Default Device – Speakers/Headphones and select Properties
, thanks I disabled the one that was playing, that seems to work. I guess I will have to enable it again for hdmi connection to tv but hey I can't complain. :)

ochhanz

Nov 15, 2017
Visit site
You can use the volume icon in the taskbar to switch audio devices much quicker and then change the volume accordingly.
, you mean in volume mixer changing speakers/device? That did not work for me.
I seem to be wrong about the hdmi thingie though, that still seems to work and it seems to remember my settings. :)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
, you mean in volume mixer changing speakers/device? That did not work for me.
I seem to be wrong about the hdmi thingie though, that still seems to work and it seems to remember my settings. :)

Yes. For me changing the device that way allows me to output sound from either my PC or connected TV. Glad you got it working either way though!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs