Windows 10 for Phone for Pen and Ink, finding more ways to better your phone experience !

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok so Joe B. has stated no new features will come to Windows 10 for Mobile. No worry !!!!! Just don't pay attention to Debbie Downers who want to toss in the towel and give up outright.

Ok before I lay this out, let me say if your screen is a 720 version your results will not be as good as a 1080 and above. I know as I have tested Lumia 640 XL, Lumia 550 and yes it wirks but not as well as higher rez higher quality screen.
So this may be of interest to owners of Alcatel Idol 4S, Acer Jade Primo, Lumia 950/950XL, HP Elite X3. Also older Models like the Lumia 1520 ( both 8.1 and 10 if apps available).

Ok First Ink and Doodles/Notes with Pen input, as you know Phones do not have the ability to use a Surface Pen as they don't support Ntrig/Wacom version of the Microsoft Pen.

We can use what is called "Fine Tip Active Stylus" much like the one I use, Adonit Jot Script, however you may not want to spend as much as I did. The Jot Script is now no longer made so I have looked and seen the price drop well under $100. No matter as there are others for around $40 ( less when on sale).

MoKo Universal Active Stylus, 2.0mm High-precision Capacitive Pen
https://www.amazon.com/MoKo-Universal-High-precision-Capacitive-Microsoft/dp/B06XYK9RL6/ref=sr_1_6?s=wireless&ie=UTF8&qid=1511647532&sr=1-6&keywords=moko+active+stylus

Apex Fusion Fine Point Stylus
https://www.amazon.com/Lynktec-Fusion-TruGlide-Technology-LTTG-0016ABK/dp/B01FRP21HM?th=1

Adonit Snap ( Smaller thin Stylus made for iPhone/iPad/Android)
https://www.amazon.com/Adonit-Snap-Point-iPhone-Stylus/dp/B01LZWWYHF

Stilo
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01G6B0D26

There are a number of Active Stylus available for all kinds of price ranges, but the 1 thing to check before you buy is....Was it made to work with iPhone/iPad? If yes it works with Windows Phone !!!!! Just so I am clear, I am not saying this is Galaxy Note type pen work, just that you can use a Pen and if you have neat printing ( unlike me) you will see good results. Also this is not for digital artists. Quick fast dirty doodles and notes.
New file-333.jpg

Now you may ask.....How did I Ink in Edge Mobile....Well I didn't, but I did doodle on a screen cap of Edge in Notebook Pro V 2.0. I imported the cap as the page then doodled on it in the app on the Phone. So anything you can screen cap you can then doodle on.....MSN Sports
demonote-1.jpg

There are a number of Apps in the Microsoft Store that support Pen input, which can give you a Faux Ink ability..
Notebook Pro V2.0 ( Free with low cost add ons, but free is full feature mostly)
https://www.microsoft.com/en-ca/store/p/notebook-pro/9wzdncrdmc76

Squid
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/squid/9wzdncrdljh4

Now for the new News....Ink when Phone is in Continuum Dock.

It took me by surprise and I was left with my Jaw on the floor, but it work and I'll have my hands on one soon :)

GMuHeXf.jpg
kWDPIMH.jpg
GMuHeXf.jpg

Genius MousePen 8 x 6-Inch Graphic Tablet for Home and Office (USB)
https://www.amazon.com/Genius-MousePen-6-Inch-Graphic-Tablet/dp/B000LEI95I

Plugs into the USB of your Dock and just works.

I will report more once I have had a chance to play around. But there are a few of these types of devices out there, again at many different price ranges.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Niice, looking forward to more info.

I have a fairly inexpensive graphics tablet myself so it's making a buying a cheap elite x3 not a bad prospect.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Well I know in One Note when in Continuum drawing/Ink goes active so it should be interesting to see what I can do to make a portable Office that slides into one side if a book bag. Now that I have a working HDMI to VGA dongle this will be interesting :)

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Well I know in One Note when in Continuum drawing/Ink goes active so it should be interesting to see what I can do to make a portable Office that slides into one side if a book bag. Now that I have a working HDMI to VGA dongle this will be interesting :)

This is actually really interesting to know and follow. Thanks @Greywolf1967.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just to show Pen input on the Acer Jade is good, I always feel my printing/writing is never a good pitch. I handed my Phone and Pen to 3 different people I work with, asked them to just write or print "The Quick Brown Fox", and gave them no getting used to the feeling time.

All 3 have not used Stylus or Galaxy Note

Nancy wrote:
wp_ss_20171127_0001.jpg

Sasha Printed:
wp_ss_20171127_0002.jpg

Tiff also printed:
wp_ss_20171127_0003.jpg

At least this way now you can see my printing is just the dog's breakfast !!!! Active stylus can work well if you have some penmanship skill !!

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
No idea what it is or about, but if any info helps others that's good for a community that needs some good for a change !!!

It enables people to sign documents electronically, with their signature as opposed to printing out the document, then signing it then scanning said document, emailing that document over to the other party and the process repeats until the document is completely signed.

So you end up with paper waste, poorly scanned copies which are hardly legible and emails with irrelevant subject headings etc.

With products like docusign, once all parties have signed you get an electronic copy (pdf) automatically emailed. So everyone ends up with a complete copy without the fuss and paper waste. So less trees need to be cut down to create paper, as sadly many companies refuse to use recycled paper on wide scale.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
'That's cool!! I have been wondering when the "Paperless Work place " was going to start. I've been hearing about it from the 1980's

I know in my factory with all the paper work shuffled about this could save both money in printing and trees !!!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Thanks to Reddit user ski_9130, who let me know about a good Note app for doodles/notes/reminders free in store called Inkodo.

It's a good app to pair with a Pen !!!!

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Just in case anyone is interested.....I'm still on Twitter trying to let Windows Phone users find a little good news if you want to join in on the fun.

I am using a hash tag to spark some hope maybe #MyWindowsPhone ... Plays, Works or what ever you think may make an insider/user smile and maybe not give up.

My Windows Phone tweet

wp_ss_20171208_0003.jpgwp_ss_20171208_0004.jpgwp_ss_20171209_0002.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12