Windows 10 Mobile insider preview as daily OS?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Windows 10 Mobile insider preview as daily OS

Hi, just want to ask if the insider preview of Windows 10 Mobile is already good enough to serve as my daily driver.

Thanks.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com
Re: Windows 10 Mobile insider preview as daily OS

I'm having no issues, myself. It gets better and better every build. Smoother, more stable, and better battery life. I still have graphical and UI glitches and it's hardly perfect but I'm happy using it as my daily driver. Just don't expect all sunshine and rainbows. I had a random reboot today. I hadn't had one for weeks before that but it's still worth pointing out that it happened recently. There are still occasional hangs and freezes, and there are still unfixed bugs. I think you'll be find giving it a try but I suggest doing a hard reset after you install the latest build.
Again, I'm happy and I've been using it for months on my Lumia 830 (and I had it on a Lumia 520 for a long time before a touch screen defect forced me to retire the phone). It's not perfect, but in my opinion it's worth the upgrade. I have a Lumia 640 with Windows Phone 8.1 and it just feels outdated now.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

It might be.

Do you have a backup phone, just in case something goes wonky? That's always a good idea.

Release Ring is pretty safe and stable right now.

Are you prepared to do a reset on the phone and not restore backup? Most users report this gives the best experience when moving between phones and moving between versions.

More info is here: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview - Windows Central Forums
and here: Windows Insider (Phone) | Windows Central

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

Zachary Boddy

Staff member
Aug 3, 2014
www.windowscentral.com

It might be.

Do you have a backup phone, just in case something goes wonky? That's always a good idea.

Release Ring is pretty safe and stable right now.

Are you prepared to do a reset on the phone and not restore backup? Most users report this gives the best experience when moving between phones and moving between versions.

More info is here: Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview - Windows Central Forums
and here: Windows Insider (Phone) | Windows Central

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

This guy right here is also correct. Release Preview Ring is the most stable option right now, and it's always best to have a backup phone just in case. If you're on AT&T, you can always pick up a Lumia 640 for cheap. Also, hard resets have dramatically improved performance and reliability for quite a few people.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05