Windows 10 Wifi Stops working when connected to android hotspot

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Hey!
I've been having this issue ever since I got windows 10. Whenever I use my smartphone to create a Wi-Fi hotspot for my notebook it works perfectly for some time and then it just stops working... When it stops working I'm not able to find any other wi-fi network, and I have to reboot my system in order to return to normal. I have all drivers up to date and I've tried with 3 different notebooks (all with Windows 10) and 2 different smartphones (both Samsung S6). The issue repeats always.

There is a way to force this issue by turning off the android hotspot while using it in Windows.

Can someone plz help me with this? I don't know what happens.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Hey!
I've been having this issue ever since I got windows 10. Whenever I use my smartphone to create a Wi-Fi hotspot for my notebook it works perfectly for some time and then it just stops working... When it stops working I'm not able to find any other wi-fi network, and I have to reboot my system in order to return to normal. I have all drivers up to date and I've tried with 3 different notebooks (all with Windows 10) and 2 different smartphones (both Samsung S6). The issue repeats always.

There is a way to force this issue by turning off the android hotspot while using it in Windows.

Can someone plz help me with this? I don't know what happens.

how about a different phone model? You used the s6 both times so I'm thinking the issue is with the way the s6 handles hotspots

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

rozulolz

Jul 28, 2016
Visit site
how about a different phone model? You used the s6 both times so I'm thinking the issue is with the way the s6 handles hotspots

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread. See this link for instructions on how to join Windows Central.

I should try that... soon i'll check it with another phone model... but i should say that this didn't even happen at all with Windows 7 (i'm the OP btw)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion