Windows 11 Epson All-In-One issue

AdamInTx

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
So I have recently starting getting this issue with my Epson All-In-On Workforce 635 (as do many other people with Epson printers on windows 11 according to the internet). This printer, which I only use for the scanning capabilities, has worked fine with multiple windows 11 computers in the past. I recently changed out my pc to a new Windows 11 box and after installing the drivers, the correct windows 11 ones downloaded directly from Epson, I cannot use the scanner. If I open Epson Scan there is no scan or preview options just Configure, if I go into the Epson Scan Setup software it sees the scanner but when I try to test it I get the error:

"Cannot communicate with the scanner.
Make sure the scanner is on, correctly setup and connected with no errors indicated.
For detailed information, see Solving Problems in the User's Guide."

Looking online for support is just a lot of "Did you install the correct drivers", "Is the scanner turned on", "If WiFi are you both on the same network", "Reinstall the drivers and it will work just fine"

None of that is helpful and what is the most annoying is that the computer clearly can communicate with the scanner. I know this because in the past the Epson Scan software wouldn't even open if it couldnt connect to the scanner. The software not only loads but the scanner will warm up when you open the software so clearly the computer can communicate with the scanner as it sees it and the scanner knows to warm up whenever I open the software. Additionally, if I go to the buttons on the front of the machine and tell it to scan, it will ask where I want to scan to and my computer is an option, if i select it and say ok it will scan whatever is on the bed and place it on my pc. So again, the scanner can communicate with the pc. The issue with this method is that you get as close to no scan options as can be so you cannot change resolution or output file type or anything like that.

One thing I saw while looking online is that several users with Epson All-In-Ones or scanners reported this issue after a Windows update in the summer. There doesn't appear to be any talk of this from Microsoft or Epson directly but based on some messaged I've seen in some printing forums it seems tech support from each is just blaming the other.

So....is anybody else here having similar issues with an Epson All-In-One or scanner and Windows 11 (with current updates) that was able to successfully resolve the issue?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evan.mason5724