Windows Phone will outlive Android... Thx to Samsung

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
If you look at the current Smartphone market as a whole you will have noticed that the US made OSs, iOS, Android and Windows Phone cover 93% of the market.

Nice. Superb for the NSA and any American efforts to mine data out of cloud services and the devices. Cause they do, big time!

Problem...
Samsung now makes 50% of the worlds Smartphones and they are moving to Tizen to replace Android. So all the data will not go to the US but to Samsung Servers. Google will get a fraction of the data they get now, or they will have to buy the data from Samsung.

Samsung's advantage... Nations, Corporations and people all over the world are all aware of what is going on and will be more than happy to use Tizen, just as to keep the data away from US Big Data. Does anyone honestly think that foreign corporations like to be spied on by the US?

Now... What you think the Stock Value of Samsung will be 5 years from now? Consider this... FREE DATA can then be purchased from SAMSUNG! :) for many $$$

Only way to stop this would be if Kim el Nut would Nuke South Korea after all... But I don't think China will let him do that.

So... In light of this, I would not be surprised to see the day when Windows Phone will be larger than Android... which will be a low end OS on the way out as most hardware will run Tizen.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
First, quit with the FUD. Android is open-source; it is entirely possible to take the AOSP, rewrite it to use no Google services whatsoever, bake in your own hardware driver blobs and sell a phone. See: Amazon Kindle Fire, many Chinese phones. Thus, there is no necessity that an Android device's data is accessible to the USA at all. You can even buy a Nexus device, download the AOSP source and build your own Android with 100% control over the source code. Of course, if you want to use Play Store, Gmail et al., that's outside your control but you are in no way compelled to do these things.

Second, I question your assumption that Samsung is moving to replace Android with Tizen. These rumours of a split between Google and Samsung have always seemed specious at best; see the announcement at Google IO about a Galaxy S4 with vanilla Android. For Samsung to agree to this means these two companies have a deeper co-operation than most people think.

Third, WP is closed source FFS... why do you think that corporations, nations etc will prefer WP when it is ALSO made by an American company and by its closed-source nature, it is MORE vulnerable to back doors and data leaks? And when it's Microsoft owned, a company that has no great track record when it comes to protecting its users compared to Google which is the first company to contest the secrecy of so-called National Security letters (may be wrong, it could be Sonic instead)?

Finally, you have no idea what you're saying.

Cheers,

Narse77

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
Would like a tinfoil hat? I know a guy down on the street corner that has a couple extra. All jokes aside, I think you are reading into things a bit much. As someone who works with cloud data constantly, it's not as accessible to the company that provides it as you think. Most of it is secured via RSA encryption and the companies can't see anything other than the encrypted data. We have people ask for files to be restored and they never understand why we can't do that. It's due to how the encryption works. Now searches and web browsing habits are another matter.

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Would like a tinfoil hat? I know a guy down on the street corner that has a couple extra. All jokes aside, I think you are reading into things a bit much. As someone who works with cloud data constantly, it's not as accessible to the company that provides it as you think. Most of it is secured via RSA encryption and the companies can't see anything other than the encrypted data. We have people ask for files to be restored and they never understand why we can't do that. It's due to how the encryption works. Now searches and web browsing habits are another matter.

To be 100% honest, it's not always true that the cloud provider can't read your stuff. Your security is guaranteed only when you locally encrypt your data before uploading.

I know a guy in a stealth startup and they use Google Apps. But with custom plugins that put 1024-bit encryption on all their data before it's uploaded and seamlessly decrypt as needed. They carry their certificates on secure IronKey USB drives. Probably the best security setup I've seen.

Coolknight1968

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Last time I was offered a tin hat was when MS released Windows, I said that they would take over the PC OS market... Still waiting for my tin hat...
If Samsung gets Tizen out, opens its own app shop... Google is in trouble... Not only Google. Maybe that is why the CEO of Google talked to Kim el Nut... Joke. Who knows.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
If you look at the current Smartphone market as a whole you will have noticed that the US made OSs, iOS, Android and Windows Phone cover 93% of the market.

Nice. Superb for the NSA and any American efforts to mine data out of cloud services and the devices. Cause they do, big time!

Problem...
Samsung now makes 50% of the worlds Smartphones and they are moving to Tizen to replace Android. So all the data will not go to the US but to Samsung Servers. Google will get a fraction of the data they get now, or they will have to buy the data from Samsung.

Samsung's advantage... Nations, Corporations and people all over the world are all aware of what is going on and will be more than happy to use Tizen, just as to keep the data away from US Big Data. Does anyone honestly think that foreign corporations like to be spied on by the US?

Now... What you think the Stock Value of Samsung will be 5 years from now? Consider this... FREE DATA can then be purchased from SAMSUNG! :) for many $$$

Only way to stop this would be if Kim el Nut would Nuke South Korea after all... But I don't think China will let him do that.

So... In light of this, I would not be surprised to see the day when Windows Phone will be larger than Android... which will be a low end OS on the way out as most hardware will run Tizen.

I would say... You have a mouth full of assumptions there... Most people have no clue where their cloud data is stored. People who do know understand that Microsoft is the only OS manufacturer that doesn't use your data as a major source of their income. Hardware is one of the things important to Americans. Price is the main consideration for the rest of the world. If Samsung make cheep Tizen devices and offers a compelling OS with all the beloved apps then they have a chance to win some market share. Samsung current domination of the Android market doesn't give them an automatic win in what ever they chose to do. "FREE DATA" Samsung isn't in control of your data the Carriers are. I guess I don't understand this point. How will Samsung provide free data for purchase? Even your comment contradicts your statement. All parties in the completion will have to cove all bases to get ahead. I don't think there will ever be one clear winner that will hold a continues market lead. People get tired of the same old thing then move on.

Angry_Mushroom

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I see this backfiring on Samsung. Everyone knows Android. Nobody knows Tizen. It's irrelevant if Tizen can use all the apps from the app marketplace. Fact remains it will be a new OS for phones, and people will remain leery of it for one reason or one reason. In a sense this is why WP7/8 have had such a tough time breaking into the market. They are far less known than Android or iOS... this is despite being in the market far longer.

I'm likely wrong, but I'd still call it a sizable risk on Samsung's part. People aren't always happy to embrace something new, when the old is comfortable enough.

Also you need to explain your sentence of "Free data can be purchased..."

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
I expected to see "1 post" from OP and assume he was trolling.....but nope.
Not sure how someone with 600 posts is this delusional.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss