Xbox's Starfield gets that sweet new REV-8 rover update today, and oh yeah — the Shattered Space DLC's release date, too

GraniteStateColin

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Yeehaw! This is fantastic news. I'm excited to try it out.

HOWEVER, I do think Starfield's biggest problem has not been the lack of a land vehicle (though that's certainly a welcome upgrade), but the repetition of the too-small quantity of hand-crafted, randomly distributed bases. Each one is great, better than most anything in Skyrim or Fallout, but in those other games, EVERY SINGLE location was unique. In Starfield, they repeat. After you've hit the same base more than once, I don't care how interesting it is, additional revisits are largely annoying. That really destroys my interest in exploring, knowing that even though the terrain of the planet may be unique (procedurally generated terrain is fine with me -- like in Minecraft), any actual encounters outside of a specific questline will be identical to ones I've already had. Even down to where every enemy starts and where to find loot... all identical. Grr...

The ONLY thing that changes between them is what faction of enemy occupies the base, which isn't particularly important. Just the clothes and weapons change. Swapping Pirates for Spacers does not give a significantly different feel during exploration or combat.

For me, they need a way to randomize those bases or at least add a lot more so that the odds of repeating one within a few days of having just cleared the same thing is greatly reduced. At the very, very least, have enemies and loot appear in different places each time so there's a need to explore a bit to find them and some drama in coming around a corner to find an enemy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seo6