"You don't have enough reputation to post comments on older content" How do I get reputation points

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site
"You don't have enough reputation to post comments on older content" How do I get reputation points

Hi all,

I tried posting a comment on a page: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-change-default-search-engine-new-microsoft-edge?_ga=GA1.2.33236994.1571945913&passport=1590678729#comment-form

It wouldn't let me. It yelled back: "You don't have enough reputation to post comments on older content."

OK... How does one go about getting reputation points?

Or is this an ungraceful way of the website saying that *no one* is supposed to be commenting on older posts?

I've had an account since 2015 and I've posted 95 times.. Received 47 likes, and given 39...

-jbb

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Re: "You don't have enough reputation to post comments on older content" How do I get reputation poi

Hi all,

I tried posting a comment on a page: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-...4.1571945913&passport=1590678729#comment-form

It wouldn't let me. It yelled back: "You don't have enough reputation to post comments on older content."

Or is this an ungraceful way of the website saying that *no one* is supposed to be commenting on older posts?

I've had an account since 2015 and I've posted 95 times.. Received 47 likes, and given 39...

-jbb

This is actually a good question. I thought reputation points would be earnt by doing good things on the forum and generating likes etc.

This may or may not help, but I tried and I could post on that MS Edge article no problem.

me just saying

May 17, 2020
Visit site
Re: "You don't have enough reputation to post comments on older content" How do I get reputation poi

I did not know you needed reputation points to post on older articles. Not even sure what they are since I did not see anything about them in my account. I am pretty new here but it looks like I am able to post on that article. but then it could be including my activity in android central

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Hi all,

I tried posting a comment on a page: https://www.windowscentral.com/how-...4.1571945913&passport=1590678729#comment-form

-jbb

I've checked your account in our base settings and it all looks good. Any time I've had anyone get this response from the system it was due to either the article being originally created on an older setting (some articles are older and do get recycled and reposted for updates), or there is simply a glitch in the matrix. If you keep encountering this error - try to log out of the site and clear your browser cache and then log in again.

JuannyBooBoo

Nov 4, 2015
Visit site

@HelloNNNewman,

Thanks for checking on this. And thanks all for checking as well... I tried again just now and holy &*#$, it worked!

-jbb

"When you control the [forum], you control... information"

Hennomeister

Nov 3, 2020
Visit site

You don't have enough reputation to post comments on older content

Really great to be able to registered but not able to send message.
Really intelligent !

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

You don't have enough reputation to post comments on older content

Really great to be able to registered but not able to send message.
Really intelligent !

Sorry if you are seeing this error. As mentioned above, it's just a glitch and should go away if you clear your cache or try again in a bit. Not sure what causes the error, but we don't use reputation points and it's just a site hiccup. :)

Anderrroid33

Mar 13, 2022
Visit site

It's a really dumb idea. Why do you need a "reputation" to comment on old posts. That just creates a silly hierarchy and stops me and others from being able to comment on articles that I have an interest in commenting on. It just creates elitism and it's a horrible, unfair and inhumane system. It should be done away with for the good of the community.

HelloNNNewman

Administrator
Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

It's a really dumb idea. Why do you need a "reputation" to comment on old posts. That just creates a silly hierarchy and stops me and others from being able to comment on articles that I have an interest in commenting on. It just creates elitism and it's a horrible, unfair and inhumane system. It should be done away with for the good of the community.

Wow... LOL Psst.... if you had read the posts above yours before passing judgment on the world - it's a glitch. The site does not use "reputation points" and this random error some encounter occasionally is caused by some strange glitch in the software. It doesn't happen often, but can be confusing and annoying when it pops up. As mentioned in the comments above yours, it is suggested that any user encountering the error try and clear their browser's cache - the error clears itself after a short time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss