Thoughts yet? I couldn't pass on that $199 price. Will review when I get home and open. The price was incredible. Got at best buy.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    Last edited by aitt; 08-08-2014 at 10:07 PM.
    08-08-2014 07:59 PM
    You mean Encore?
    08-08-2014 08:02 PM
    Oops Encore 2. Can't edit title on app

08-08-2014 08:02 PM
    Picked up the Toshiba snap on case Cyan from the MS store today. Really impressed that this runs full Windows 8.1 on 1 GB RAM. It has it moment it runs a tad slow switching programs but in all for $199 this thing is solid. Makes me never to care for RT the way I can run x86 programs so now I have ways to interact with certain programs like Sony companion for my Xperia Z2. Ran Spartan Assault and Modern Combat 5 and ran just as smooth as my 2520. Runs a little warm but fine. The screen absolutely sucks in direct light lacks light sensors to adjust to light conditions so it's done manually. I dropped off the installed Norton and added Norton 360 and works great. Installed Google Chrome and Chromecast extension and works flawless. This is a really good tablet. MS did a great job optimizing 8.1 to run smooth on small scale tablets. 1GB will suffice. The Intel Atom Z3735G maintains well. No I5 or I7 but I don't need of that. Bought a OTG adaptor and all is good.

Attached Thumbnails 13001.jpg   13000.jpg   12999.jpg  
    Last edited by aitt; 08-17-2014 at 11:00 PM.
    bilzkh and Scienceguy Labs like this.
    08-17-2014 10:37 PM
    I grabbed one today as well and I am greatly surprised with its performance (in a positive way). Seriously, it's run everything I've thrown at it so far, which is awesome. It even ran a steam game... mind you, that steam game was Papers Please, but when I hear 1 GB of RAM, I'm picturing it throwing up its hands and giving up at the slightest challenge. It also runs Frozen Free Fall pretty well (slower than my Surface Pro 3, but that's kind of a "duh"). This thing is seriously more responsive than the original Surface RT, and seems comparable to the Surface 2 on reaction time and speed (I've owned both devices). Microsoft has done a great job optimizing the OS for low end processors, and Intel Atoms are pretty awesome.

I'm blown away. I had bought this thing expecting nothing more than a Nook/Kindle that can also get e-mail when it wants to, and I actually got a nice little productivity and entertainment device.

Also, on Toshiba's website, they have the cases for half off (19.99)... though you have to pay ten dollars for shipping, but still a savings compared to the Microsoft Store and other sources.

Also also, are they actually selling these in the Microsoft Stores themselves now? I haven't managed to get into once since I bought my Surface Pro 3 on launch day in June, and I've been legitimately curious.
    aitt likes this.
    08-20-2014 10:39 PM
    Yeah the store here in Austin had them. Cost $39 though.

08-21-2014 02:25 PM
    Nice! I'm thinking about picking up one of the $99 Kingsing ones. Would it be possible for you to record yourself playing Modern Combat 5 and GT Racing 2 on the device?
    08-21-2014 05:41 PM
    I just bought one, too, from Best Buy. I actually really like the feel of the thing and its performance. I have a DV8Pro and an ASUS Note 8 as well, and it is very comparable to them. The Dell definitely wins as far as weight and feel. The Note 8 wins for function...the wacom stylus. But I'd recommend the Encore 2 to any "normal" user. It's looking like a great little tablet. Great price too.
    Also, the official Toshiba case for the Encore 2 is on sale now on the Toshiba website....$20 off!
    08-23-2014 07:40 PM
    I guess I am not as lucky as some of you here, I picked one up to see how well it would perform, I have had this tablet for 1 day and I'm done, I have never seen such a slow running tablet, or phone, or computer of any type, in my life, I am running it next to my Lumia 928, both on Wi-Fi and it takes literately close to 3 minutes just to load the Google main page while my phone on Wi-Fi loads it in about 13 seconds. everything is running slow, maybe I just have a bad unit. But either way it's back to Staples to return it.
    09-07-2014 02:34 PM
    I buy mine in FNAC in Portugal, it was on sale for a day, only cost me 100. I am very happy in general. It was a Great buy😃

Sent from my TOSHIBA WT8-B-102 using Tapatalk
    HeyCori likes this.
    11-01-2014 11:06 AM