WRT32X /DD-WRT VPN "NordVPN"

YourCool

Jun 18, 2019
Visit site
I am fairly new to utilizing these helpful services so first I would like to thank you.
Regarding VPN
Current Set UP

1. Main Router Nighthawk X6S
IP: 192.168.0.1

Question; Passthrough, Unable to find?

2. DDWRT WRT32X
IP: 192.168.1.1
NordVPN

Question's

1. Utilizing the Nighthawk as the main router seems a bit overboard, but I'm unable to find passthrough, does the router have that option or would I use DMZ?

2. On the main router (non VPN) what DNS would I use? Assuming the ddwrt will be utilized for VPN would I use the Sam's DNS on both routers?

3. Firewall: Do I keep enabled on VPN router?

4. Main Confusion: I would say Approximately 30% of connections will need to utilize VPN.
Will all connections via wifi be protected by the VPN if connected to that router?

I need to access more VPN connections if utilizing a ethernet hub connecting to ddwrt wohle that trigger all connections that's being accessed through the hub be protected?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
I'm not entirely understanding the various questions but my experience with trying to use NordVPN on a router isn't good. It works, the problem is speed: I got nowhere near the same as without it or by using the Nord app on individual devices. I tried multiple servers and it was always the same, and the same on multiple devices (SB2, phone, and Xbox), 10% to 20% of my normal download. Granted I have an older ASUS router but Nord targets ASUS, in general, my firmware is up to date, and the relatively good documentation explains exactly how to do it on my router. In the end, the benefit of "installing" the VPN in one spot isn't worth losing 80%+ of my bandwidth. Plus, some MS services are a little wonky with a VPN and other services, i.e., Amazon Prime Video, don't work at all so it's much easier to enable/disable per device when necessary. As with most things, your mileage will vary.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3