Imagio Power Saving Settings

Morty

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
Anyone have any suggested settings for saving power?

I have already turned the brightness down on the display and I deactivate the wifi. Are there other small tweaks I can do?

Thanks in advance.

Morty

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I changed the frequency of checking e-mail and that seems to be a huge difference. I think I reduced it to once per hour. That should be plenty for my personal e-mail.

Yesterday the phone used less than 50% of the battery, although it was a relatively light usage day, however I did surf a few sites and played a few games of Bubble Breaker (strangely addicting).

Audioi

Oct 25, 2009
Visit site
I changed the frequency of checking e-mail and that seems to be a huge difference. I think I reduced it to once per hour. That should be plenty for my personal e-mail.

Yesterday the phone used less than 50% of the battery, although it was a relatively light usage day, however I did surf a few sites and played a few games of Bubble Breaker (strangely addicting).

I had originally set up all 3 of my mail accounts for 1 hour.
The web seems to be the battery eater. The phone even gets hot so I stay off the web as much as possible.
You got to love the weather screen, especially when it rains!

Morty

Oct 22, 2009
Visit site
I found something interesting that I hoped someone could explain. Today my battery life has been outstanding. I surfed the web, had some e-mails, did some IM-ing (had Palringo running in the background all day) and battery is still above 60%. Last night the battery was down to almost 20%. I charged the phone, then took it off to play for a while, then plugged back in.

Every time I've done something similar I've gotten the same result.

boutija

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site
I had originally set up all 3 of my mail accounts for 1 hour.
The web seems to be the battery eater. The phone even gets hot so I stay off the web as much as possible.
You got to love the weather screen, especially when it rains!

If your phone is getting hot it is usually caused by low signal and your battery is working extra hard to stay connected during calls, SMS, web etc. this will cause your battery to die quicker.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon