How To Upgrade HTC Pure To Windows Mobile 6.5.3?

licht

Apr 8, 2010
Visit site
I would first like to appologise for being new. I know how hated that can be on a forum when your first post is a question. But i've recently gotten an HTC Pure and i can't wait to get started. Already did a good bit of work with it.

Anyways, i was reading and found out that the Touch Diamond 2 is essentially the same as a Pure, and i haven't seen a Pure forum, so this is where i've placed the thread. Please informed me if i have overlooked something.

I was wanting to update my HTC Pure to the latest version of Windows Mobile 6.5.3 from it's current version of 6.5. I was also wonder what steps i cant take to unbrick a phone in the event that i ever were to damage the OS with my meddling.

I also want to mention i am a technician in my personal life. So if any of you have love for this phone, send your best wishes to it. Can't guarantee how long it will last before my meddling twists it into something totally different.

I would also appreciate a brief introduction to Windows phones and modding them if anyone has one for me to read over. I need to know about all this ROM stuff and such if i really want to utilize the phone i think.

Edit : Also a side question. Maybe i am reading it wrong but Windows seems to detect my phone as having 180MB of RAM... Doesn't this phone have 288MB (minus 32MB from some bus)?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have the pre also I might be interested in upgrading to 6.5.3 as wll Hopefully someone will come along and help us out. Not sure whether anyone has put out the hard SPL for the pure or Touch Diamond 2 yet that would be necessary to even get started.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon