Hands on review of HTC Touch Diamond P3700 US Version?

jamespaulritter

Mar 14, 2005
www.yahoo.com
I don't have a review for the US GSM version, but I can tell you that I've been very happy with my Sprint version.

Hows the dpad on the diamond? I played with one in the store and it seemed very difficult to use. I couldn't jump to links easily and I kept accidentally hitting the center more than a direction even though I was pushing on the edge. The dpad seemed like a horrible design. It that true?

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
I saw 2 people selling their GSM versions at $150 to $200 off. Is that a bad sign since this just came out not too long ago? Maybe I should try the Sprint demo in the store first.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
People are selling their Sprint versions awfully cheap too. Is there something I'm missing about this phone?

I don't know if its due to the lack of keyboard, but I can likely deal with that since I used an iPhone too. But any other issue I'd like to know about.

If the Fuze comes out in November as stated, I may try that though, since I had an 8525 with a slide out keyboard so I'm used to that too.

R1_Rydah

Oct 23, 2004
Visit site
alot of the folks over at ppcgeeks, purchased the sprint touch diamond just to play with it, and get a feel for TF3D for a few weeks before the touch pro drops...

the three reasons I prefer the touch pro over the touch diamond are...

-it has a card slot...
-a physical keyboard...
-the TV out capability, this will allow me to view slingbox via my headunit in my vehicle.

Pearl_Diva

Mar 24, 2005
Visit site
Do you happen to know if the Fuze is the same compact size? Pictures made me think the TD was bigger so I was pleasantly surprised at the smaller size in Best Buy.

R1_Rydah

Oct 23, 2004
Visit site
everything I've read/seen on the web shows them as being the same size... just a difference in thickness, because of the keyboard...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos