What all should I need?

kxs783kms#WP

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Hello WME! To start, I'm a newbie. I should be receiving my Verizon TP2 tomorrow and I was just wondering what all do I need to download and put on my device to make it better on the first day? From the research I've done, it 's already a great phone, but I've read about the beta 6.5 and things of that nature that I can flash right now. So are there any suggestions on what I might need or want? Your reply's would be greatly appreciated.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
There is really a lot of good fun stuff out there to play with but I recommend for the first 2 weeks just use your new PPC just the way it is then after you are comfortable with how your TP2 works start loading some programs. When your ready and you know how things should work you can start with the ROM updates. Remember when you do start loading ROM's that these are very early and buggy versions of WM 6.5 if you need your PPC to be reliable they probably wont work for you.

xmissyx

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
I just got mine yesterday and I think it's an awesome phone, right out of the box. The only application that I downloaded was Facebook for WinMo. I agree with Big D. I just want to make sure I figure out how to properly use it before I start throwing apps. I have heard that Skyfire is a highly recommended browser, compared to Opera and Internet Explorer, which are both included on the phone. I haven't tried it yet but I am thinking about it.

kxs783kms#WP

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
Hey thanks alot Big D5 and xmissyx! How that you two have mentioned it, I think I'll do just that. Hold off for a week or two and start adding things that I need here and there. Although, I think I'll hold off until the official launch of 6.5 now that you've put me up on that info D5. I'll probably stick with the more simple add ons like downloading Facebook(*which I really would want right away.*) Again, thanks to the both of you.

tada1096

Sep 7, 2009
Visit site
just wondering does the TP2 have flash? or can you download it at least. it would be sweet to play facebook games on the phone

ejonny

May 16, 2008
Visit site
I highly recommend Kinoma. I completely understand the concern about having to re-load things after 6.5 is released. But to me Kinoma and MoTweets (and FaceBook) are the critical add ons.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720