is the touch pro 2 upgradeable to WinMo 6.5?

jabz9

Aug 6, 2009
Visit site
because my contract with t-mobile is going to end soon and when i do another contract i wanted to get the Touch Pro 2 i was just wondering is it upgradeable to WinMo 6.5 and if so, how can i upgrade it to 6.5

ejonny

May 16, 2008
Visit site
Oct 6th is the highly anticipated date of WinMo 6.5's release. It will be available for the Touch Pro2. I haven't seen any information on the exact timing of releases for TMo, Sprint, or Verizon. Some have speculated that the upgrade will be available on release day. But we'll probably hear about when the upgrades will be available on Tuesday.

vblok0910#WP

Sep 16, 2009
Visit site
I just read an article on cnet and it stated that a verizon rep announced that the touch pro 2 will get the upgrade but ONLY by the END OF THE YEAR!!!, sprint by early 2010,It didn't say for t-mobile I really wished it would have been on launch day for everyone.

kxs783kms#WP

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
I just read an article on cnet and it stated that a verizon rep announced that the touch pro 2 will get the upgrade but ONLY by the END OF THE YEAR!!!

Oh Verizon.....why? Hopefully they'll make it available soon. I'll go for that or the HSPL, which ever comes first.

Last edited:

kxs783kms#WP

Sep 17, 2009
Visit site
I don't think it really matters. What's the point of 6.5 anyway at this point?

Yeah, alot of people are saying the same thing. But me, I like anything new. New stuff to me, means there's something possibly better. Which in this case, would be a better, updated look.(*I just want the cosmetic changes. Which to answer your question, is more of what the 6.5 upgrade is about.*) That in itself is enough to satisfy me.

dtreo

Aug 10, 2009
Visit site
I agree that I'm not quite sure what 6.5 brings to a device like TP2.

will someone please post a photo of 6.5 showing how on the Today screen it shows you pending items like missed calls/unread texts/emails and pending calendar items?? or explain what it would look like?

I have yet to see how 6.5 shows you what's going on at a glance without having to make some screen press. 6.1 shows you all of this info at a glance and I just want to see what this looks like in 6.5.

thank you.
dtreo

motty69

Aug 17, 2009
Visit site
I agree that I'm not quite sure what 6.5 brings to a device like TP2.

will someone please post a photo of 6.5 showing how on the Today screen it shows you pending items like missed calls/unread texts/emails and pending calendar items?? or explain what it would look like?

I have yet to see how 6.5 shows you what's going on at a glance without having to make some screen press. 6.1 shows you all of this info at a glance and I just want to see what this looks like in 6.5.

thank you.
dtreo

I was using a custom 6.5 rom on my Titan before upgrading to the TP2. I think the Titanium homescreen is a nice alternative to TF3D. It's my understanding that it does not use as much ram as TF3D and it looks pretty good IMO. I've been reading in different forums that 6.5 adds better battery life as well.

I'll be kind of torn when the 6.5 roms are available. I really liked the Titanium homescreen on 6.5 on my Titan, but I've kinda gotten use to TF3D on my TP2. Hopefully I will be wrestling with that decision sooner rather than later. Since the European 6.5 upgrades to the TP2 are now available I'm hoping the North American versions won't be too far behind. It would be funny if the official 6.5 roms drop before the CDMA HSPL drops. :eek:

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo